Honda Odyssey2005-10 models
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Honda Odyssey was redesigned for the 2005 model year.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that rib fractures and/or internal organ injuries would be possible in a crash of this severity. The risk of significant injuries to other body regions is low.
Driver — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with doors removed, showing the side airbags and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Action shot taken during the side impact crash test showing the driver dummy's head was protected from being hit by hard structures by the side curtain airbag.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy's head was protected by the side airbag.
- Side airbags: head curtain airbags for all three rows of seats and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags in the event of an impending rollover
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights (2008-2010 models)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2005 Honda Odyssey LX
- Class: Minivan
- Weight: 4,359 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard head curtain airbags for all three rows of seats and standard front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 118 in.
- Length: 201 in.
- Width: 77 in.
- Engine: 3.5 L V6
- EPA ratings: 19 mpg city | 25 mpg highway