Audi A62005-11 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Audi A6 was redesigned for the 2005 model year.
The frontal offset crash test ratings also apply to the station wagon version of the A6, known as the A6 Avant, beginning with 2006 models.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy's head hit the roof rail and grab handle.
Injury measures — Injury measures taken from the head, neck, and chest indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. Forces on the left femur indicate that upper leg injuries would be possible. Head acceleration from the roof rail/grab handle hit was low.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained very well.
- Smeared greasepaint indicates where the dummy's head hit the roof rail, grab handle, and head restraint during rebound. Head accelerations from these hits were low.
- Intrusion into the driver's space was minimal (shown with carpeting removed).
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags (standard); rear seat-mounted torso airbags (optional)
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Programmable daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2005 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4-door 4wd
- Class: Large luxury car
- Weight: 4,109 lbs.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 112 in.
- Length: 194 in.
- Width: 73 in.
- Engine: 3.2 L V6
- EPA ratings: 19 mpg city | 26 mpg highway