Chrysler Cirrus1995-2000 models
results also apply to: 1995-2000 Dodge Stratus | 1996-2000 Plymouth Breeze
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Chrysler Cirrus and the Dodge Stratus were introduced in the 1995 model year and the Plymouth Breeze was introduced in the 1996 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement wasn't well controlled. The dummy moved forward and rotated around the left side of the airbag. During rebound, the back left side of the dummy's head came very close to hitting the window sill.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the head, neck, and chest indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. Forces on both tibias indicate that injuries to the lower legs would be likely. The actual force on the left tibia was even higher than recorded because one of the data channels reached the maximum reading.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- Major roof buckling and rearward movement of the instrument panel and steering wheel compromised the driver's survival space.
- Structural weakness is apparent, especially in the severe buckling of the roof rail.
- High forces on both legs contributed to the likelihood of lower leg injuries. The dummy's right foot finished trapped in a pocket created by footwell intrusion and buckling of the center console.
- Built-in child restraints (optional in 1995-97 Cirrus models, 1995-98 Stratus models, and 1996-98 Breeze models)
- Antilock brakes (standard on Cirrus models, optional on Stratus and Breeze models)
- Daytime running lights (optional beginning with 1999 models on cars sold to fleets)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 1995 Chrysler Cirrus LX 4-door
- Class: Midsize moderately priced car
- Weight: 3,131 lbs.
- Side airbags: none
- Wheelbase: 108 in.
- Length: 186 in.
- Width: 71 in.
- Engine: 2.5 L V6
- EPA ratings: 20 mpg city | 29 mpg highway