Honda Accord 4-door1994-97 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Honda Accord was redesigned for the 1994 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. After the dummy moved forward into the airbag, it rebounded into the seat without its head coming close to any stiff structure that could cause injury.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the head, neck, and chest indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. Forces on the left tibia indicate that injuries to the lower leg would be likely. Forces on the right tibia indicate that injuries to the lower leg would be possible.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- There was moderate intrusion into the driver footwell area and moderate rearward movement of the instrument panel.
- There was intrusion to the footwell area and the dummy's left foot finished jammed upward toward the tibia as far as it could go.
- Antilock brakes (optional)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 1995 Honda Accord LX 4-door
- Class: Midsize moderately priced car
- Weight: 2,897 lbs.
- Side airbags: none
- Wheelbase: 107 in.
- Length: 184 in.
- Width: 70 in.
- Engine: 2.2 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 23 mpg city | 29 mpg highway