Mazda Millenia1995-2002 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Mazda Millenia was introduced in the 1995 model year and restyled for 2001.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy moved toward the driver door, and its head hit the roof rail and B-pillar.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the head, neck, chest, and right leg indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. Forces on the left tibia indicate that injuries to the lower leg would be likely. Head acceleration from the B-pillar and roof rail hits was low.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained reasonably well.
- Footwell intrusion contributed to the likelihood of left leg injury. The dummy's right leg finished trapped at the heel in the buckled floor.
- There was moderate deformation of the occupant compartment along the roof rail, but the structural integrity of the driver door was maintained well.
- Antilock brakes
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted combination head and torso airbags (beginning with 2001 models)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 1995 Mazda Millenia 4-door
- Class: Midsize luxury/near luxury car
- Weight: 3,183 lbs.
- Side airbags: none
- Wheelbase: 108 in.
- Length: 190 in.
- Width: 70 in.
- Engine: 2.5 L V6
- EPA ratings: 20 mpg city | 27 mpg highway