Dodge Stratus2001-06 models
results also apply to: 2001-06 Chrysler Sebring
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Dodge Stratus and Chrysler Sebring were redesigned for the 2001 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy's head hit the roof rail.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the head, neck, and chest indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. Forces on the right tibia and right foot indicate that injuries to the lower leg and foot would be possible. Head acceleration from the roof rail hit was low.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained reasonably well.
- Smeared greasepaint indicates where the dummy's head hit the roof rail during rebound. Head acceleration from this hit was negligible.
- Forces on the lower right leg and foot were high enough to indicate the possibility of injuries.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags (optional)
- Antilock brakes (optional)
- Daytime running lights (optional on cars sold to fleets)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2001 Dodge Stratus SE 4-door
- Class: Midsize moderately priced car
- Weight: 3,252 lbs.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags
- Wheelbase: 108 in.
- Length: 191 in.
- Width: 71 in.
- Engine: 2.7 L V6
- EPA ratings: 20 mpg city | 28 mpg highway