Mitsubishi Lancer2002-06 models
SIDE IMPACT TEST WITHOUT OPTIONAL SIDE AIRBAGS
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Mitsubishi Lancer was introduced in the 2002 model year. No 2007 models were produced, and the redesigned 2008 models will be introduced in spring 2007.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that rib fractures and/or internal organ injuries would be likely in a crash of this severity. Serious skull fracture and/or brain as well as neck injuries and a fracture of the pelvis would also be possible.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was hit by the intruding barrier, producing high head injury measures.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was hit by the window frame and window sill of the rear passenger door as well as the pillar behind the door. These impacts did not produce high head injury measures, but the head protection is inadequate.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with doors removed, showing damage to the occupant compartment.
- Action shot taken during the side impact crash test showing the driver dummy's head being hit by the intruding barrier.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy's head was hit by the window frame and window sill of the rear passenger door as well as the pillar behind the door.
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted torso airbags (optional)
- Antilock brakes (optional)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4-door
- Class: Small car
- Weight: 2,736 lbs.
- Side airbags: none
- Wheelbase: 102 in.
- Length: 181 in.
- Width: 67 in.
- Engine: 2.0 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 25 mpg city | 31 mpg highway