Nissan Sentra2000-06 models
SIDE IMPACT TEST WITHOUT OPTIONAL SIDE AIRBAGS
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Nissan Sentra was redesigned for the 2000 model year.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that serious skull fracture and/or brain injuries would be likely in a crash of this severity. Rib fractures and/or internal organ injuries plus a fracture of the pelvis would also be likely.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that head injuries would be possible in a crash of this severity. The risk of significant injuries to other body regions is low.
Driver — The dummy's head was hit by the intruding barrier, producing high head injury measures.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was hit by the window glass, window sill, and pillar behind the rear passenger door, producing moderately high head injury measures.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with doors removed, showing damage to the occupant compartment.
- Action shot taken during the side impact crash test showing the driver dummy's head being hit by the intruding barrier.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy's head was hit by the window glass and window sill of the rear passenger door and by the pillar behind the door.
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted combination head and torso airbags (optional)
- Antilock brakes (optional)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4-door
- Class: Small car
- Weight: 2,610 lbs.
- Side airbags: none
- Wheelbase: 100 in.
- Length: 178 in.
- Width: 67 in.
- Engine: 1.8 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 28 mpg city | 35 mpg highway