Suzuki Forenza2005-08 models
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Suzuki Forenza was introduced in the 2004 model year. Front seat-mounted combination head/torso airbags became standard beginning with 2005 models (they were unavailable in 2004 models).
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that a fracture of the pelvis would be likely in a crash of this severity. Even though the side airbag protected the dummy’s head from being hit by the intruding barrier, head injuries still would be possible.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that serious skull fracture and/or brain injuries would be likely in a crash of this severity. A fracture of the pelvis would also be possible.
Driver — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side airbag that deployed from the seat. Still, moderately high head injury measures were recorded.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was hit by the pillar behind the rear passenger door. Although this pillar is required by federal standard to provide some protection for occupants' heads, high injury forces were recorded on the dummy’s head.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with doors removed, showing the side airbag and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Action shot taken during the side impact crash test showing the driver dummy's head was protected from being hit by hard structures by the side airbag. Even so, forces recorded on the head were moderately high.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy's head was hit by the pillar behind the rear passenger door.
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted combination head and torso airbags
- Antilock brakes (optional)
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4-door
- Class: Small car
- Weight: 2,822 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front seat-mounted combination head and torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 102 in.
- Length: 177 in.
- Width: 68 in.
- Engine: 2.0 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 22 mpg city | 30 mpg highway