Lexus GS2006-11 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Lexus GS was redesigned for the 2006 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy’s head hit the roof rail.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity. Head acceleration from the roof rail hit was low.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained well.
- Smeared greasepaint indicates where the dummy’s head hit the roof rail. Head acceleration from this hit was low.
- The GS features an airbag that deploys from the knee bolster underneath the steering wheel. The dummy's knees and shins hit this airbag as indicated by smeared greasepaint.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags (standard); rear seat-mounted torso airbags (optional)
- Driver and front passenger knee airbags: separate airbags in the lower instrument panel designed to minimize knee injuries in frontal crashes
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2006 Lexus GS 300 4-door
- Class: Large luxury car
- Weight: 3,669 lbs.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 112 in.
- Length: 190 in.
- Width: 72 in.
- Engine: 3.0 L V6
- EPA ratings: 22 mpg city | 30 mpg highway