Lincoln LS2000-06 models built after February 2000
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Lincoln LS was introduced in the 2000 model year and discontinued after the 2006 model year. All 2000-06 LS models manufactured after February 2000 include structural changes to improve occupant protection in frontal crashes (note: information about when a specific vehicle was manufactured is on the certification label typically affixed to the car on or near the driver door).
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has evaluated the crashworthiness of a 2000 LS with the structural changes in a 40 mph frontal offset crash test into a deformable barrier.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. After the dummy moved forward into the airbag, it rebounded into the seat without its head coming close to any stiff structure that could cause injury.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained well.
- Despite buckling of both doors on the driver side, intrusion into the driver's space was minimal.
- Good control of dummy movement allowed the dummy to rebound into the seat without its head coming close to any stiff structure that could cause injury.
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted combination head and torso airbags (standard in 2000-06 models); front and rear head curtain airbags with front seat-mounted torso airbags (optional in 2004-06 models)
- Electronic stability control (optional)
- Antilock brakes
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2000 Lincoln LS8 4-door
- Class: Large luxury car
- Weight: 3,818 lbs.
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted combination head and torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 115 in.
- Length: 194 in.
- Width: 73 in.
- Engine: 3.9 L V8
- EPA ratings: 17 mpg city | 23 mpg highway