Buick LaCrosse2005-09 models
results also apply to: 2004-08 Pontiac Grand Prix
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Buick LaCrosse was introduced in the 2005 model year as a replacement for the Buick Century and Regal. (A limited number of Buick Century models were produced for the 2005 model year.) The Pontiac Grand Prix was redesigned for the 2004 model year and was was discontinued after the 2008 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy’s head hit the roof in two places.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity. Head accelerations from the roof contacts were low.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained well.
- Smeared greasepaint indicates where the dummy’s head hit the roof and head restraint during rebound. Head accelerations from these hits were low.
- Intrusion into the driver's space was minimal, and all leg and foot injury measures were low.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags (standard in 2006-09 LaCrosse models sold to retail buyers and in 2008-09 LaCrosse models sold to fleets)
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags (optional in all Grand Prix and 2005 LaCrosse models, optional in 2006-07 LaCrosse models originally sold to fleets )
- Electronic stability control (optional)
- Antilock brakes (optional, except standard in 2006-09 LaCrosse models)
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4-door
- Class: Large family car
- Weight: 3,532 lbs.
- Side airbags: none
- Wheelbase: 110 in.
- Length: 198 in.
- Width: 73 in.
- Engine: 3.8 L V6
- EPA ratings: 20 mpg city | 29 mpg highway