Nissan Sentra2000-06 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Nissan Sentra was redesigned for the 2000 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy's head hit the B-pillar.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the neck and chest indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. A high head acceleration occured when the dummy's head hit the B-pillar, indicating that injuries to the head would be possible. Forces on the right knee indicate that injuries to the knee would be possible.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained reasonably well.
- Smeared greasepaint indicates where the dummy's head hit the B-pillar during rebound, producing a high head acceleration.
- Smeared pink and blue greasepaint shows where the dummy's right knee and shin hit the ignition key and knee bolster. The key was bent during the impact (inset).
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted combination head and torso airbags (optional)
- Antilock brakes (optional)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2000 Nissan Sentra GXE 4-door
- Class: Small car
- Weight: 2,650 lbs.
- Side airbags: none
- Wheelbase: 100 in.
- Length: 177 in.
- Width: 67 in.
- Engine: 1.8 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 26 mpg city | 33 mpg highway