Nissan Titan2004-12 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Nissan Titan was introduced in the 2004 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. After the dummy moved forward into the airbag, it rebounded into the seat without its head coming close to any stiff structure that could cause injury.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the neck, chest, and both legs indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. A high head acceleration occurred when the dummy's head hit the steering wheel through the airbag, indicating that injuries to the head would be possible.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained well.
- The dummy's head bottomed out the airbag and hit the steering wheel underneath. Head acceleration from this hit was high.
- Forces on both legs and feet were low, indicating that significant injury was unlikely.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags (standard beginning with 2010 models, optional in 2004-09 models)
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags, if equipped, in the event of an impending rollover
- Electronic stability control (standard beginning with 2010 models, optional on 2004-09 models)
- Antilock brakes
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2004 Nissan Titan XE (2wd King Cab)
- Class: Large pickup
- Weight: 4,786 lbs.
- Side airbags: none
- Wheelbase: 140 in.
- Length: 224 in.
- Width: 79 in.
- Engine: 5.6 L V8
- EPA ratings: 14 mpg city | 19 mpg highway