Cadillac SRX2004-09 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Cadillac SRX was introduced in the 2004 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy moved back into the seat without its head coming close to any stiff structure that could cause injury.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the neck, chest, and both legs indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. A high head acceleration occurred when the dummy's head hit the steering wheel through the airbag, indicating that head injuries would be possible.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained well.
- Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy's head hit only the head restraint, as indicated by smeared greasepaint.
- Forces on the legs and feet were low, indicating that significant injury was unlikely.
- Side airbags: front and second row head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2004 Cadillac SRX 4wd
- Class: Midsize luxury SUV
- Weight: 4,387 lbs.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 116 in.
- Length: 195 in.
- Width: 73 in.
- Engine: 3.5 L V6
- EPA ratings: 16 mpg city | 22 mpg highway