Mazda MPV2000-06 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Mazda MPV was redesigned for the 2000 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy moved toward the driver door, but its head didn't hit any stiff structure that could cause injury.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the chest indicate low risk of injuries to this body region in a crash of this severity. Forces on the head and neck indicate that injuries to the head and neck would be possible. Forces on the right tibia indicate that injuries to the lower leg would be likely.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained reasonably well.
- Forces on the head and neck when the dummy loaded the airbag were moderately high, indicating the possibility of head and neck injuries.
- Footwell intrusion contributed to the likelihood of injury to the lower right leg.
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted combination head and torso airbags (optional)
- Antilock brakes (standard beginning with 2003 models, optional on 2000-02 models)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2000 Mazda MPV LX
- Class: Minivan
- Weight: 3,657 lbs.
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted combination head and torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 112 in.
- Length: 187 in.
- Width: 72 in.
- Engine: 2.5 L V6
- EPA ratings: 18 mpg city | 23 mpg highway