Mitsubishi Endeavor2004-11 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Mitsubishi Endeavor was introduced in the 2004 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy's head hit the B-pillar and roof rail.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the head, chest, and left leg indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. Forces on the dummy's neck indicate that injuries to the neck would be possible. Forces on the right tibia indicate that injuries to the lower leg would be possible. Head acceleration from the B-pillar/roof rail hit was low.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained well.
- Smeared greasepaint indicates where the dummy's head hit the B-pillar and roof rail during rebound. Head accelerations from these hits were low.
- Forces on the lower right leg were high enough to indicate the possibility of injury.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags (beginning with 2007 models)
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags in the event of an impending rollover (beginning with 2007 models)
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted torso airbags (standard in 2005-06 models, optional in 2004 models)
- Electronic stability control (standard beginning with 2007 4-wheel-drive models and all 2008 models, optional on 2004-06 4wd models)
- Antilock brakes (standard on all 4-wheel-drive models and 2006 and later 2-wheel-drive models, optional on 2004-05 2wd models)
- Daytime running lights (beginning with 2006 models)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor LS 4wd
- Class: Midsize SUV
- Weight: 4,079 lbs.
- Side airbags: none
- Wheelbase: 108 in.
- Length: 190 in.
- Width: 74 in.
- Engine: 3.8 L V6
- EPA ratings: 17 mpg city | 21 mpg highway