Lexus RX2013 models
|2013 Lexus RX|
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Lexus RX was redesigned for the 2010 model year. Beginning with 2013 models, design changes were made to the side curtain airbags and rear door trim panels to improve occupant protection in side impact crashes.
Two tests of the RX were conducted by Toyota, one a 2010 model and the other a 2013 model. Side ratings are assigned by the Institute as part of side crash test verification. These vehicles are rated separately, except that the structure ratings for both vehicles are based on both tests.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy’s head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Rear passenger — The dummy’s head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front and rear seat-mounted torso airbags
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags in the event of an impending rollover
- Driver and front passenger knee airbags: separate airbags in the lower instrument panel designed to minimize knee injuries in frontal crashes
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2013 Lexus RX 350 4wd
- Class: Midsize luxury SUV
- Weight: 4,718 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front and rear head curtain airbags and standard front and rear seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 108 in.
- Length: 188 in.
- Width: 74 in.
- Engine: 3.5 L V6
- EPA ratings: 18 mpg city | 24 mpg highway