Lexus CT 200h2013 models
|2013 Lexus CT 200h|
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Lexus CT 200h was introduced in the 2011 model year and is derived from the Toyota Prius. Beginning with 2013 models, design changes were made to the rear door trim panels to improve occupant protection in side impact crashes.
Two tests of the CT 200h were conducted, one of a 2011 model by the Institute and the other representing a 2013 model by Toyota as part of side crash test verification. These vehicles are rated separately, except that the structure ratings for both vehicles are based on both tests, as are driver dummy injury and head protection ratings, because no changes were made affecting front seat occupants. (The car tested by Toyota was designated as a 2011 model but included the rear door trim changes of the 2013 models.)
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy’s head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Rear passenger — The dummy’s head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Driver and front passenger knee airbags: separate airbags in the lower instrument panel designed to minimize knee injuries in frontal crashes
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2011 Lexus CT 200h 4-door
- Class: Small car
- Weight: 3,194 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front and rear head curtain airbags and standard front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 102 in.
- Length: 170 in.
- Width: 70 in.
- Engine: 1.8 L 4-cylinder (gasoline) and electric motor
- EPA ratings: 43 mpg city | 40 mpg highway