Dodge Dart2013 models
|2013 Dodge Dart|
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Dodge Dart was introduced in the 2013 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. The driver side curtain airbag deployed during the crash. After the dummy moved forward into the frontal airbag, its head contacted the side curtain airbag.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained very well.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the driver dummy's head was protected from hitting hard structures during rebound by the side curtain airbag.
- Intrusion into the driver's space was minimal, and all leg and foot injury measures were low. The deployed knee airbag is visible just ahead of the dummy's lower legs.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags, front seat-mounted torso airbags, and rear seat-mounted pelvis airbags
- Driver and front passenger knee airbags: separate airbags in the lower instrument panel designed to minimize knee injuries in frontal crashes
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Programmable daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2013 Dodge Dart Limited 4-door
- Class: Small car
- Weight: 3,336 lbs.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 106 in.
- Length: 184 in.
- Width: 72 in.
- Engine: 2.0 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 24 mpg city | 34 mpg highway