Scion FR-S2013 models
results also apply to: 2013 Subaru BRZ
|2013 Scion FR-S|
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Scion FR-S and Subaru BRZ were introduced in the 2013 model year.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that rib fractures would be possible in a crash of this severity. The risk of significant injuries to other body regions is low.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof and a side airbag that deployed from the seat.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with door removed, showing the side airbags and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the driver dummy's head was protected from being hit by hard structures by the side curtain airbag (contact with the side torso airbag is not visible in this photo).
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy’s head was protected by the side airbag (the C-pillar trim was dislodged by the inflating airbag and does not pose an injury risk).
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2013 Scion FR-S 2-door
- Class: Small car
- Weight: 2,795 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front and rear head curtain airbags and standard front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 101 in.
- Length: 167 in.
- Width: 70 in.
- Engine: 2.0 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 25 mpg city | 34 mpg highway