Honda Accord 4-door2003-07 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Honda Accord was redesigned for the 2003 model year. The car received some rear-end styling changes in the 2006 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. After the dummy moved forward into the airbag, it rebounded into the seat without its head coming close to any stiff structure that could cause injury.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained well.
- Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy's head hit only the head restraint, as indicated by smeared greasepaint.
- Intrusion into the driver's space was minimal, and all leg and foot injury measures were low.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags (standard beginning with all 2005 models)
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted torso airbags (optional, 2003-04 EX and LX models) and front and rear head curtain airbags (optional, 2003-04 EX models only)
- Electronic stability control (optional beginning with 2006 models)
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights (beginning with 2006 models)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2003 Honda Accord EX 4-door
- Class: Midsize moderately priced car
- Weight: 3,186 lbs.
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 108 in.
- Length: 190 in.
- Width: 71 in.
- Engine: 2.4 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 24 mpg city | 33 mpg highway