Suzuki Aerio2002-07 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Suzuki Aerio was introduced in the 2002 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy's head hit the roof rail.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity. Head acceleration from the roof rail hit was low.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained well.
- Smeared greasepaint indicates where the dummy's head hit the roof rail during rebound. Head acceleration from this hit was low.
- Intrusion into the driver's space was minimal, and all leg and foot injury measures were low.
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted torso airbags (beginning with 2005 models)
- Antilock brakes (standard beginning with 2006 models, optional on 2002-05 models)
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2002 Suzuki Aerio S 4-door
- Class: Small car
- Weight: 2,694 lbs.
- Side airbags: none
- Wheelbase: 98 in.
- Length: 171 in.
- Width: 67 in.
- Engine: 2.0 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 26 mpg city | 31 mpg highway