Lexus GS2013 models
|2013 Lexus GS|
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Lexus GS was redesigned for the 2013 model year. Side ratings are assigned by the Institute based on a test conducted by Toyota as part of side crash test verification.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head pushed past the side curtain airbag and was hit by the window sill of the passenger door. This impact did not produce high head injury measures, but the head protection is inadequate.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front and rear seat-mounted torso airbags
- Driver and front passenger knee airbags: separate airbags in the lower instrument panel designed to minimize knee injuries in frontal crashes
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2013 Lexus GS 350 Premium 4-door
- Class: Large luxury car
- Weight: 3,715 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front and rear head curtain airbags and standard front and rear seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 112 in.
- Length: 191 in.
- Width: 72 in.
- Engine: 3.5 L V6
- EPA ratings: 19 mpg city | 28 mpg highway