Honda CR-V2002-06 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Honda CR-V was redesigned for the 2002 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy's head hit the B-pillar.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity. Head acceleration from the B-pillar hit was low.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained well.
- Intrusion into the driver's space was minimal, and all leg and foot measures indicated low risk of injury.
- Smeared greasepaint indicates where the dummy's knees and shins hit the knee bolster and steering column.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags (2005-06 models)
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted torso airbags (optional in 2002-04 models)
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags in the event of an impending rollover (2005-06 models)
- Electronic stability control (2005-06 models)
- Antilock brakes (except 2002-04 LX models)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2002 Honda CR-V EX 4wd
- Class: Small SUV
- Weight: 3,347 lbs.
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 103 in.
- Length: 179 in.
- Width: 70 in.
- Engine: 2.4 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 22 mpg city | 26 mpg highway