Saturn VUE2002-07 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Saturn VUE was introduced in the 2002 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy's head hit the B-pillar.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the neck, chest, and both legs indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. A high head acceleration occurred when the dummy's head hit the steering wheel through the airbag, indicating that injuries to the head would be possible. Head acceleration from the B-pillar contact was low.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained well.
- The dummy's head bottomed out the airbag and hit the steering wheel, producing a high head acceleration.
- Smeared greasepaint indicates where the dummy's knees and shins hit the knee bolster and instrument panel. All leg and foot measures indicated low risk of injury.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags (optional)
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags, if equipped, in the event of an impending rollover (beginning with 2006 models)
- Antilock brakes (optional)
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2002 Saturn VUE 4wd
- Class: Small SUV
- Weight: 3,534 lbs.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags
- Wheelbase: 107 in.
- Length: 181 in.
- Width: 72 in.
- Engine: 3.0 L V6
- EPA ratings: 19 mpg city | 25 mpg highway