Subaru Impreza2012-13 models
results also apply to: 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
|2013 Subaru Impreza|
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Subaru Impreza, not including the WRX performance models, was redesigned for the 2012 model year. Side ratings are assigned by the Institute based on a test conducted by Subaru as part of side crash test verification. The side ratings also apply to the wagon (5-door) version of the Impreza and to the XV Crosstrek, a wagon with increased ground clearance that was introduced in the 2013 model year.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags in the event of an impending rollover (XV Crosstrek models only)
- Driver knee airbag: a separate airbag in the lower instrument panel designed to minimize knee injuries in frontal crashes
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium 4-door
- Class: Small car
- Weight: 3,018 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front and rear head curtain airbags and standard front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 104 in.
- Length: 180 in.
- Width: 69 in.
- Engine: 2.0 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 27 mpg city | 36 mpg highway