Dodge Durango2011-13 models
|2013 Dodge Durango|
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Dodge Durango was redesigned for the 2011 model year. The vehicle is derived from the Jeep Grand Cherokee, which was also redesigned for 2011. The Durango has a longer wheelbase and overall length to accommodate three rows of seats. Frontal structure is essentially similar to that of the Grand Cherokee, and the seat belts and frontal airbags are identical. Frontal ratings are assigned by the Institute based on a test of a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee conducted by Chrysler Corporation as part of frontal crash test verification.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. After the dummy moved forward into the airbag, it rebounded into the seat without its head coming close to any stiff structure that could cause injury.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
- Side airbags: head curtain airbags for all three rows of seats and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags in the event of an impending rollover
- Electronic stability control, includes roll stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights (optional on vehicles sold to fleets)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4wd
- Class: Midsize SUV
- Weight: 4,687 lbs.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted thorax airbags
- Wheelbase: 115 in.
- Length: 190 in.
- Width: 76 in.
- Engine: 3.6 L V6
- EPA ratings: 16 mpg city | 22 mpg highway