Nissan Sentra2011-12 models
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Nissan Sentra was redesigned for the 2007 model year. Beginning with 2011 models, Nissan made design changes to the side curtain airbags. Side ratings are assigned by the Institute based on a test conducted by Nissan as part of side crash test verification.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that head injuries would be possible in a crash of this severity. The risk of significant injuries to other body regions is low.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof. Still, moderately high head injury measures were recorded.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Electronic stability control (standard beginning with 2011 models, optional on 2010 models)
- Antilock brakes (standard beginning with 2011 models, optional on 2007-10 models)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2011 Nissan Sentra SL 4-door
- Class: Small car
- Weight: 2,871 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front and rear head curtain airbags and standard front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 106 in.
- Length: 180 in.
- Width: 70 in.
- Engine: 2.0 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 27 mpg city | 34 mpg highway