Acura MDX2001-06 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Acura MDX was introduced in the 2001 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. After the dummy moved forward into the airbag, it rebounded into the seat without its head coming close to any stiff structure that could cause injury.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained well.
- Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy's head hit only the head restraint, as indicated by smeared greasepaint.
- Intrusion into the driver's space was minimal to moderate, and all leg and foot injury measures were low.
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted torso airbags; front and rear head curtain airbags added (2004-06 models)
- Electronic stability control (2003-06 models)
- Antilock brakes
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2001 Acura MDX 4wd
- Class: Midsize luxury SUV
- Weight: 4,339 lbs.
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 106 in.
- Length: 189 in.
- Width: 76 in.
- Engine: 3.5 L V6
- EPA ratings: 17 mpg city | 23 mpg highway