Mini Cooper Countryman2011-13 models
|2013 Mini Cooper Countryman|
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Mini Cooper Countryman was introduced in the 2011 model year.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a left femur fracture would be possible in a crash of this severity. The risk of significant injuries to other body regions is low.
Driver — The dummy’s head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Rear passenger — The dummy’s head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with doors removed, showing the side airbags and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the driver dummy's head was protected from being hit by hard structures by the side curtain airbag.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy’s head was protected by the side airbag.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Passenger knee airbag: a separate airbag in the lower instrument panel designed to minimize knee injuries in frontal crashes
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Programmable daytime running lights (optional)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2011 Mini Cooper Countryman S 4-door
- Class: Small car
- Weight: 3,047 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front and rear head curtain airbags and standard front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 102 in.
- Length: 162 in.
- Width: 70 in.
- Engine: 1.6 L turbocharged 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 25 mpg city | 32 mpg highway