Mitsubishi Lancer2002-06 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Mitsubishi Lancer was introduced in the 2002 model year. No 2007 models were produced, and the redesigned 2008 models will be introduced in spring 2007.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was reasonably well controlled. The driver's seat tipped toward the B-pillar. During rebound, the dummy's head hit the B-pillar.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity. Head acceleration from the B-pillar hit was low.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates the driver's survival space was maintained well.
- Smeared greasepaint indicates where the dummy's head hit the B-pillar and head restraint during rebound. Head acceleration from these hits was low.
- The dummy's left knee and shin pressed into and deformed the knee bolster to the left of the steering column. Leg injury risk was low.
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted torso airbags (optional)
- Antilock brakes (optional)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer LS 4-door
- Class: Small car
- Weight: 2,751 lbs.
- Side airbags: none
- Wheelbase: 102 in.
- Length: 178 in.
- Width: 67 in.
- Engine: 2.0 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 24 mpg city | 30 mpg highway