Buick Rendezvous2002-07 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Buick Rendezvous was introduced in the 2002 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement wasn't well controlled. There was far too much upward movement of the steering wheel and at the same time the driver's seat pitched forward toward the wheel. During rebound, the dummy's head did not come close to any stiff structure that could cause injury.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained reasonably well.
- The steering wheel moved upward far too much during the crash and the seat pitched forward.
- Smeared greasepaint indicates that the dummy's head hit only the head restraint during rebound from the airbag.
- Side airbags: driver seat-mounted combination head and torso airbag and right front passenger seat-mounted torso airbag (standard on all 2002 models and 2003 and later 4-wheel-drive models, optional on 2003 and later 2-wheel-drive models)
- Antilock brakes (standard on all 2002 and 2007 models plus 2003 and later 4-wheel-drive models, optional on 2003-06 2-wheel-drive models)
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2002 Buick Rendezvous CXL 4wd
- Class: Midsize SUV
- Weight: 4,191 lbs.
- Side airbags: driver seat-mounted combination head and torso airbag and front passenger seat-mounted torso airbag
- Wheelbase: 112 in.
- Length: 186 in.
- Width: 74 in.
- Engine: 3.4 L V6
- EPA ratings: 18 mpg city | 24 mpg highway