Mercedes E class 2-door2010-13 models
|2013 Mercedes E class 2-door|
SIDE IMPACT TEST WITH STANDARD BUT WITHOUT ADDITIONAL OPTIONAL SIDE AIRBAGS
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Mercedes E class was redesigned for the 2010 model year. Side ratings are assigned by the Institute based on a test conducted by Mercedes as part of side crash test verification.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy’s head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof and a side airbag that deployed from the seat.
Rear passenger — The dummy’s head was protected by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags (standard); rear seat-mounted torso airbags (optional)
- Driver knee airbag: a separate airbag in the lower instrument panel designed to minimize knee injuries in frontal crashes
- Automatically adjusting head restraints in front seats move up or down as seats are adjusted forward or rearward
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Programmable daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2011 Mercedes-Benz E 350 Coupe
- Class: Large luxury car
- Weight: 3,777 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front and rear head curtain airbags and standard front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 109 in.
- Length: 185 in.
- Width: 70 in.
- Engine: 3.5 L V6
- EPA ratings: 17 mpg city | 26 mpg highway