Mercedes E class 2-door2010-13 models
|2013 Mercedes E class 2-door|
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Mercedes E class was redesigned for the 2010 model year. Frontal ratings are assigned by the Institute based on a test conducted by Mercedes as part of frontal crash test verification.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy's head hit the roof rail.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the head, neck, and chest indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. Forces on the right tibia indicate that injuries to the lower leg would be possible. Head acceleration from the roof rail hit was low.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags (standard); rear seat-mounted torso airbags (optional)
- Driver knee airbag: a separate airbag in the lower instrument panel designed to minimize knee injuries in frontal crashes
- Automatically adjusting head restraints in front seats move up or down as seats are adjusted forward or rearward
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Programmable daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2010 Mercedes-Benz E 350 Coupe
- Class: Large luxury car
- Weight: 3,728 lbs.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 109 in.
- Length: 185 in.
- Width: 70 in.
- Engine: 3.5 L V6
- EPA ratings: 17 mpg city | 26 mpg highway