Isuzu Axiom2002-04 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Isuzu Axiom was introduced in the 2002 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was reasonably well controlled. The driver's seat tipped toward the door. During rebound, the dummy's head hit the roof rail.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the neck and chest indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. Forces on the head indicate that injuries to the head would be possible. Forces on the right tibia and left foot indicate that injuries to the lower leg and foot would be possible. Head acceleration from the roof rail hit was negligible.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained well.
- Forces on the head when the dummy loaded the airbag were moderately high, indicating the possibility of head injuries.
- Smeared greasepaint indicates where the dummy's head hit the roof rail. Head acceleration from this hit was negligible.
- Antilock brakes
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2002 Isuzu Axiom 4wd
- Class: Midsize SUV
- Weight: 4,109 lbs.
- Side airbags: none
- Wheelbase: 106 in.
- Length: 183 in.
- Width: 71 in.
- Engine: 3.5 L V6
- EPA ratings: 16 mpg city | 20 mpg highway