Buick Regal2011-13 models
|2013 Buick Regal|
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Buick Regal was re-introduced for the 2011 model year after last being sold as a 2004 model. Frontal ratings are assigned by the Institute based on a test conducted by General Motors as part of frontal crash test verification.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. The driver side curtain airbag deployed during the crash. After the dummy moved forward into the frontal airbag, it rebounded into the seat without its head coming close to any stiff structure that could cause injury.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity. Note: some foot acceleration data were not recorded during the test, but low injury measures on both lower legs, in combination with the foot data that were recorded, indicate little risk of significant foot injuries.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags (standard); rear seat-mounted torso airbags (optional)
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags in the event of an impending rollover
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2011 Buick Regal CXL 4-door
- Class: Large family car
- Weight: 3,382 lbs.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 108 in.
- Length: 190 in.
- Width: 73 in.
- Engine: 2.4 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 19 mpg city | 30 mpg highway