Jeep Grand Cherokee2011-14 models
|2013-14 Jeep Grand Cherokee|
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Jeep Grand Cherokee was redesigned for the 2011 model year. Frontal ratings are assigned by the Institute based on a test conducted by Chrysler Corporation as part of frontal crash test verification.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. After the dummy moved forward into the airbag, it rebounded into the seat without its head coming close to any stiff structure that could cause injury.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags in the event of an impending rollover
- Electronic stability control, includes roll stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights (beginning with 2014 models)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4wd
- Class: Midsize SUV
- Weight: 4,687 lbs.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted thorax airbags
- Wheelbase: 115 in.
- Length: 190 in.
- Width: 76 in.
- Engine: 3.6 L V6
- EPA ratings: 16 mpg city | 22 mpg highway