Cadillac Seville2000-04 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Cadillac Seville was redesigned for the 1998 model year and structurally modified for the 2000 model year to improve occupant protection in frontal crashes.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. After the dummy moved forward into the airbag, it rebounded into the seat without its head coming close to any stiff structure that could cause injury.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained well.
- During rebound, the dummy's head hit only the head restraint. Front lap/shoulder belts are mounted to the seats.
- Smeared greasepaint indicates where the dummy's knees and shins hit the knee bolster. Injury risk was low.
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted torso airbags (2000 models); driver seat-mounted combination head and torso airbag, with torso-only airbag for passenger (2001-04 models)
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2000 Cadillac Seville SLS 4-door
- Class: Large luxury car
- Weight: 4,008 lbs.
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 112 in.
- Length: 201 in.
- Width: 75 in.
- Engine: 4.6 L V8
- EPA ratings: 17 mpg city | 28 mpg highway