Chrysler LHS1999-2000 models
results also apply to: 1999-2000 Chrysler 300M
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Chrysler LHS was redesigned for the 1999 model year and the Chrysler 300M was introduced in the 1999 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement wasn't well controlled. The airbag deployed too late, and the dummy's head hit the steering wheel. Then the dummy's head continued to move forward, pushing the wheel against the instrument panel. During rebound, the dummy moved toward the driver door, and its head hit the B-pillar.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the chest indicate low risk of injuries to this body region in a crash of this severity. High forces occurred when the dummy's heat hit the steering wheel, indicating that injuries to the head would be possible. Forces on both tibias indicate that injuries to the lower left leg would be likely and injuries to the lower right leg would be possible. Head acceleration from the B-pillar hit was low.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space wasn't maintained well.
- Airbag deployment occurred so late in the crash that the bag didn't get between the driver's head and the steering wheel. The dummy's head hit the steering wheel hard.
- Moderate to major footwell intrusion contributed to the likelihood of left lower leg injury.
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights (optional on cars sold to fleets)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 1999 Chrysler LHS 4-door
- Class: Large family car
- Weight: 3,585 lbs.
- Side airbags: none
- Wheelbase: 113 in.
- Length: 208 in.
- Width: 74 in.
- Engine: 3.5 L V6
- EPA ratings: 18 mpg city | 27 mpg highway