Daewoo Leganza1999-2002 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Daewoo Leganza was introduced in the 1999 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement wasn't well controlled. During rebound, the dummy moved toward the driver door, which had bowed outward, and its head hit the window sill. Then the head moved up and hit the roof rail. Plus there was far too much rearward movement of the steering wheel.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the neck and chest indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. Forces on the head indicate that injuries to the head would be possible. Forces on both tibias and the left femur indicate that injuries to the lower left leg would be likely and injuries to the right lower and left upper leg would be possible. Head accelerations from the window sill and roof rail hits were low.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test -- plus footwell intrusion and door sill buckling -- indicate the driver's survival space wasn't maintained well.
- Ineffective control of the dummy's movement allowed the head to hit the window sill during rebound.
- Extensive intrusion into the driver footwell contributed to high forces on the dummy's left leg and entrapment of both feet.
- Antilock brakes (optional)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 1999 Daewoo Leganza CDX 4-door
- Class: Midsize moderately priced car
- Weight: 3,192 lbs.
- Side airbags: none
- Wheelbase: 105 in.
- Length: 184 in.
- Width: 70 in.
- Engine: 2.2 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 20 mpg city | 28 mpg highway