Ford Mustang convertible2010-13 models
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Ford Mustang was re-engineered and restyled for the 2010 model year. Side ratings are assigned by the Institute based on a test conducted by Ford as part of side crash test verification.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that rib fractures would be possible in a crash of this severity. The risk of significant injuries to other body regions is low.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side airbag that deployed from the seat.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was hit by the interior side trim and convertible boot (cover for the folded roof). These impacts did not produce high head injury measures, but the head protection is inadequate.
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted combination head and torso airbags
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights (optional on vehicles sold to fleets)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2010 Ford Mustang convertible
- Class: Midsize convertible
- Weight: 3,569 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front seat-mounted combination head and torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 107 in.
- Length: 188 in.
- Width: 74 in.
- Engine: 4.0 L V6
- EPA ratings: 16 mpg city | 24 mpg highway