Chrysler 3002005-07 models
results also apply to: 2006-07 Dodge Charger
SIDE IMPACT TEST WITH OPTIONAL SIDE AIRBAGS
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Chrysler 300 was introduced in the 2005 model year, and the Dodge Charger was introduced in the 2006 model year.
Two tests of the 300 were conducted, one with an optional side curtain airbag for the driver and rear passenger, and one without. These vehicles are rated separately, except that the structural ratings for both vehicles are based on both tests.
In 2008-09 models, optional side airbags designed to protect drivers' and front passengers' torsos were added to the optional side curtain airbags previously available; therefore the earlier test ratings with optional side airbags do not apply to 2008-09 models. The side torso airbags were dropped beginning with 2010 models, and the side curtain airbags were made standard.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that rib fractures and/or internal organ injuries would be likely in a crash of this severity. A fracture of the pelvis would also be possible, and loading to the shoulder was excessive.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with doors removed, showing the side airbag and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Action shot taken during the side impact crash test showing the driver dummy's head was protected from being hit by hard structures by the side curtain airbag.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy’s head was protected by the side airbag.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags (optional)
- Electronic stability control (optional)
- Antilock brakes (optional)
- Daytime running lights (optional on vehicles sold to fleets)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4-door
- Class: Large family car
- Weight: 3,766 lbs.
- Side airbags: optional front and rear side curtain airbags
- Wheelbase: 120 in.
- Length: 197 in.
- Width: 74 in.
- Engine: 3.5 L V6
- EPA ratings: 19 mpg city | 27 mpg highway