Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-72001-06 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7 was introduced in the 2001 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was reasonably well controlled. The driver's seat tipped toward the B-pillar. During rebound, the dummy's head hit the B-pillar.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the head, neck, and chest indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. Forces on the left tibia indicate that injury to the lower leg would be possible. Head acceleration from the B-pillar hit was low.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained well.
- Forces on the left lower leg were just high enough to indicate the possibility of injury.
- Smeared greasepaint indicates where the dummy's knees and shins hit the knee bolster below the steering wheel.
- Antilock brakes (optional)
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7 Plus 4wd
- Class: Midsize SUV
- Weight: 3,682 lbs.
- Side airbags: none
- Wheelbase: 110 in.
- Length: 184 in.
- Width: 70 in.
- Engine: 2.7 L V6
- EPA ratings: 17 mpg city | 20 mpg highway