Ford Mustang 2-door2010-13 models
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Ford Mustang was re-engineered and restyled for the 2010 model year. Note that these ratings apply only to the Mustang coupe and not to the convertible.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that serious skull fracture and/or brain injuries would be possible in a crash of this severity. The risk of significant injuries to other body regions is low.
Driver — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side airbag that deployed from the seat.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was hit by the interior side trim panel beneath the rear side window and then by the pillar behind the window. According to Ford, both surfaces satisfy the federal standard to provide some protection for occupants' heads.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with the door removed, showing the side airbag and damage to the occupant compartment.
- The driver dummy's head was protected from being hit by hard structures by the side airbag.
- Smeared red and yellow greasepaint shows where the dummy's head was hit by the interior side trim panel.
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted combination head and torso airbags
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights (optional on vehicles sold to fleets)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2010 Ford Mustang GT 2-door
- Class: Midsize moderately priced car
- Weight: 3,556 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front seat-mounted combination head and torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 107 in.
- Length: 188 in.
- Width: 74 in.
- Engine: 4.6 L V8
- EPA ratings: 17 mpg city | 23 mpg highway