Audi Q52009-13 models
|2013 Audi Q5|
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Audi Q5 was introduced in the 2009 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. The driver side curtain airbag deployed during the crash. During rebound, the dummy’s head contacted the side curtain airbag, which kept the head away from any stiff structure that could cause injury.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the head, neck, and chest indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. Forces on the right tibia indicate that injuries to the lower leg would be possible.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained very well.
- Smeared greasepaint indicates where the dummy's head contacted the side curtain airbag during rebound.
- Forces on the lower right leg were just high enough to indicate the possibility of injuries.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags (standard); rear seat-mounted torso airbags (optional)
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags in the event of an impending rollover
- Electronic stability control, includes roll stability control to minimize the possibility of rollover
- Antilock brakes
- Programmable daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2009 Audi Q5 3.2 quattro 4wd
- Class: Midsize luxury SUV
- Weight: 4,277 lbs.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 111 in.
- Length: 182 in.
- Width: 74 in.
- Engine: 3.2 L V6
- EPA ratings: 18 mpg city | 23 mpg highway