Chevrolet Silverado 15002007-13 models
results also apply to: 2007-13 GMC Sierra 1500
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 were redesigned for the 2007 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. After the dummy moved forward into the airbag, it rebounded into the seat without its head coming close to any stiff structure that could cause injury.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the head, neck, and chest indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. Forces on the left tibia indicate that injuries to the lower leg would be possible.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained well.
- Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy's head hit only the head restraint, as indicated by smeared greasepaint.
- Forces on the lower left leg were high enough to indicate the possibility of injuries.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags (standard beginning with 2010 models), front and rear head curtain airbags only (optional in 2007-09 models)
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags, if equipped, in the event of an impending rollover (beginning with 2008 models)
- Electronic stability control, includes roll stability control (standard beginning with all 2010 models and on all 2007 and later crew cabs, optional on 2007-09 extended cabs, and optional on 2009 regular cabs)
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2009 Chevrolet Silverado LT 1500 (2wd crew cab)
- Class: Large pickup
- Weight: 5,179 lbs.
- Side airbags: none
- Wheelbase: 144 in.
- Length: 230 in.
- Width: 80 in.
- Engine: 5.3 L V8
- EPA ratings: 14 mpg city | 20 mpg highway