Audi A42009-13 models
|2013 Audi A4|
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Audi A4 was redesigned for the 2009 model year. Frontal ratings are assigned by the Institute based on a test conducted by Volkswagen/Audi as part of frontal crash test verification.
The frontal offset crash test ratings also apply to the station wagon version of the A4, known as the A4 Avant, also redesigned for 2009.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. The driver side curtain airbag deployed during the crash. After the dummy moved forward into the frontal airbag, it rebounded into the seat with its head grazing the sunvisor, roof, and grab handle above the deployed side airbag.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity. Head accelerations from the sunvisor, roof, and grab handle hits were low.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags (standard); rear seat-mounted torso airbags (optional)
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2009 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4-door 4wd
- Class: Midsize luxury/near luxury car
- Weight: 3,587 lbs.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 111 in.
- Length: 185 in.
- Width: 72 in.
- Engine: 2.0 L turbocharged 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 21 mpg city | 27 mpg highway