Isuzu Amigo1998-99 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Isuzu Amigo was redesigned for the 1998 model year after a three-year absence from the market.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement wasn't well controlled. During rebound, the dummy's head went through the door frame (the door was sharply bowed). There also was too much rearward and far too much upward movement of the steering wheel. Late in the crash, the dummy moved toward the driver door and its head hit the B-pillar.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the head, neck, and chest indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. Forces on the left tibia and left foot indicate that injuries to the lower leg and foot would be possible. Head acceleration from the B-pillar hit was low.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver space wasn't maintained well.
- Intrusion in the footwell area trapped the dummy's left foot under the clutch pedal and contributed to the possibility of lower leg and foot injuries.
- The upward movement of the steering wheel compromised control of the dummy's movement.
- Antilock brakes
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 1998 Isuzu Amigo 4wd
- Class: Small SUV
- Weight: 3,598 lbs.
- Side airbags: none
- Wheelbase: 97 in.
- Length: 168 in.
- Width: 70 in.
- Engine: 2.2 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 20 mpg city | 23 mpg highway