Chevrolet HHR2006-11 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Chevrolet HHR was introduced in the 2006 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy's head hit the roof rail and B-pillar.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the head, neck, and chest indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. Forces on the right tibia indicate that injuries to the lower leg would be possible. Head accelerations from the roof rail and B-pillar hits were low.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained well.
- Smeared greasepaint indicates where the dummy's head hit the roof rail and B-pillar during rebound. Head accelerations from these hits were low.
- Forces on the lower right leg were high enough to indicate the possibility of injuries.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags (standard beginning with 2010 models for retail and fleet buyers, standard in 2009 models for retail buyers, optional in all 2006-08 models and in 2009 models originally sold to fleets)
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags, if equipped, in the event of an impending rollover (beginning with 2008 models)
- Electronic stability control (standard beginning with 2009 models, optional on 2008 models)
- Antilock brakes (standard beginning with 2009 models, optional on 2006-08 models)
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2008 Chevrolet HHR LT wagon
- Class: Small car
- Weight: 3,155 lbs.
- Side airbags: none
- Wheelbase: 104 in.
- Length: 176 in.
- Width: 69 in.
- Engine: 2.2 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 22 mpg city | 30 mpg highway